3D MATTE PAINTING ARTIST
The 3D Matte Painting artist is responsible for creating photo-realistic or figurative environments and landscapes, which can be integrated into real situations of filmed or invented scenes, while preserving an excellent sense of lighting, perspective and of color. It provides creative input in the 2D and 3D manufacturing process. He works in close collaboration with 2D and 3D graphic designers (modeling, textures and compositing).
- BAC in graphic design, 3D animation techniques and computer graphics, visual effects or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in graphic design, visual effects and 3D animation
- Experience in 3D films, advertisements, etc. extensive, including matte painting
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Maya et Nuke software
- Good knowledge of Vue and Mari software
- Thorough technical understanding of the different techniques of visual effects and 3D animation
- Professional portfolio demonstrating excellent artistic and technical skills an important asset
We believe this is a great opportunity for challenge driven artists to express themselves in a highly creative environment.
Montreal is fast becoming the VFX capital of the world with its growing market share which has already attracted top talent from the world over.
Please submit your resume here.
You have talent and a passion for VFX? Join our Montreal team to grow your career and live a new and exciting experience!See
Acquisition advisor for VFX talent and postproduction (Second round)
Are you passionate about the television and movie industry? Learn more about this talent acquisition advisor job offer at MELS!See
Careers in VFXSee
Quebec's film and television industry is of interest to you? See the details to our offer!See
Pipeline Technical Director
We are currently seeking a Pipeline Technical Director to join our passionate team!See
My job is to listen, create and help maintain dialogue between clients and our artists.See
"My job is to serve the purpose and the image."See
Perspectives in sound are very important to me. I have a special relationship with sound.See
"I am the summation of every meeting and every project I’ve ever been involved with for the last 20 years."See
"Working on a TV series is like running a marathon. It takes a deep breath and consistency."See
Like a hockey coach, I strive to ensure everyone is skating in the same direction and playing the same game.See
I love seeing everyone work together on a project. We work as a team, not alone.See
"I play with sound the way a painter plays with colour."See
"I am an image retoucher. I don’t transform an ambiance, I enhance it."See