Creating a photo-realistic lighting, the assembly of 3d scenes and rendering required by compositing elements in creating plans for visual effects films.
- Design the lighting and renderings of the scenes in accordance with the instructions of the supervisors;
- Work in close collaboration with 3d computer graphics designers and 2d computer graphics designers (compositing);
- Deliver photo-realistic quality renderings using 3D production software such as Maya and Arnold;
- Analyze and determine the most appropriate technical and artistic means to produce a quality image, which corresponds to the standards of the client and according to the criteria of the VFX supervisor;
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and production to receive comments and deliver the requested work within the established deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in graphics, 3D animation and image synthesis techniques, visual effects or equivalent;
- Have an excellent artistic sense;
- Solid experience as a visual effects or advertising artist, ideally specialized in 3D lighting;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software and Arnold renderer;
- Knowledge of HDRI image management and its use in 3D scenes;
- Basic knowledge of compositing;
- Knowledge of the Linux environment and game machines (Unreal, Unity) is an asset.
- Participation in various large-scale projects;
- Workplace near public transport;
- Possibility of remote work (teleworking);
- Flexible hours.
Mels is looking for an experienced Generalist 3D Artist to work on 3D projects within our VFX department.See
Head of 3DSee
"I am an image retoucher. I don’t transform an ambiance, I enhance it."See
Perspectives in sound are very important to me. I have a special relationship with sound.See
Martin M Messier
Working on sound is like working on the third dimension. We are the third dimension.See
I love seeing everyone work together on a project. We work as a team, not alone.See
"I play with sound the way a painter plays with colour."See
"Working on a TV series is like running a marathon. It takes a deep breath and consistency."See
Like a hockey coach, I strive to ensure everyone is skating in the same direction and playing the same game.See
"I am the summation of every meeting and every project I’ve ever been involved with for the last 20 years."See
For the past several years, we've worked hard to expand our knowledge base, going beyond clichés and conventions in sound design.See