Feature-length fiction films and documentaries
The REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR 2020 IS closed.
Fonds MELS supports Quebec producers and directors who need to round out financing for the production and/or postproduction phase of a feature-length fiction or documentary project.
Fonds MELS’ total envelope is $1 million.
- The total production budget may not exceed $1.5 million;
- The production must have a contract with a distributor or broadcaster guaranteeing commercial distribution;
- At least 50% of the financing must come from Quebec (not counting MELS’ contribution);
- Producer(s) and director(s) must be permanent residents of Quebec;
- The feature-length fiction film or documentary must be at least 60 minutes long;
- The production must have the support of one of the following institutions:
- Telefilm Canada
- Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ)
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Quebecor Fund
- Harold Greenberg Fund
- MELS’ contribution will complete the production’s financing, secure its feasibility and ensure that it comes to fruition.
- MELS’ support is provided in the form of in-kind contributions:
- Equipment rental
- Sound and picture postproduction
- Visual effects
- Any of the above-listed services not included in MELS’ contribution must also be obtained from MELS;
- MELS’ contribution must not exceed 20% of the production budget;
- Required documents (see full list below) must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Documents and applications must be submitted by October 1, 2020;
- MELS will be credited as a financial partner in the project;
- A full-screen MELS logo will be added at the beginning of the film and in the closing credits.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION
|1||Project description and type||
|3||Distribution or broadcasting contract||
Letter confirming an agreement with a distributor or broadcaster including an undertaking to distribute or broadcast the film upon release.
The following information must be included in the document:
|4||Details of all confirmed financing agreements||
Letter from one of the following institutions:
The document must include funding conditions and amount.
* Breakdown must appear in the submitted financial structure.
|5||Nature of requested services||
Details of required services provided by MELS.
Calendar showing all stages of production and postproduction.