Feature-length fiction films and documentaries
REMINDER FOR THE MELS FUNDS
Last chance to submit your project!
Submissions will be accepted until June 1st as announced a few months ago. However, to follow Telefilm Canada’s financial calendar this year, we would like to inform you that a conditional acceptance is possible as you await the results from Telefilm. As such, we encourage everyone awaiting Telefilm’s response, to send your submission in right away. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
Looking forward to working with you,
The MELS Funds Team
Fonds MELS supports Quebec producers and directors who need to round out financing for the production and/or postproduction phase of a feature-length fiction or documentary project.
Fonds MELS’ total envelope in its first year is $1 million.
- The total production budget may not exceed $1.5 million;
- The production must have a contract with a distributor or broadcaster guaranteeing commercial distribution;
- At least 50% of the financing must come from Quebec (not counting MELS’ contribution);
- Producer(s) and director(s) must be permanent residents of Quebec;
- The feature-length fiction film or documentary must be at least 60 minutes long;
- The production must have the support of one of the following institutions:
- Telefilm Canada
- Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ)
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Quebecor Fund
- Harold Greenberg Fund
- MELS’ contribution will complete the production’s financing, secure its feasibility and ensure that it comes to fruition.
- MELS’ support is provided in the form of in-kind contributions:
- Equipment rental
- Sound and picture postproduction
- Visual effects
- Any of the above-listed services not included in MELS’ contribution must also be obtained from MELS;
- MELS’ contribution must not exceed 20% of the production budget;
- Required documents (see full list below) must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Documents and applications must be submitted by June 1, 2019;
- MELS will be credited as a financial partner in the project;
- A full-screen MELS logo will be added at the beginning of the film and in the closing credits.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION
|1||Project description and type||
|3||Distribution or broadcasting contract||
Letter confirming an agreement with a distributor or broadcaster including an undertaking to distribute or broadcast the film upon release.
The following information must be included in the document:
|4||Details of all confirmed financing agreements||
Letter from one of the following institutions:
The document must include funding conditions and amount.
* Breakdown must appear in the submitted financial structure.
|5||Nature of requested services||
Details of required services provided by MELS.
Calendar showing all stages of production and postproduction.